Story: Antara Bose
Just because you cannot visit your favourite stores that often, it doesn’t mean you can’t get your hands on some new garments. Many brands are enhancing their online stores and making it easier for customers to shop online. So if you love shopping from the comfort of your home, here are a few tips:
- Know your size – As convenient as online stores might be, there is one important element all of us miss, and that is the luxury of a trial room. A major challenge is getting the size right. Remember that not all sizes labelled as ‘small’ will fit the same as different brands follow different measurements. It’s always easier if you know the brands and their sizes. However, most items will have a size chart along with it, so all you need to do is know your right size.
- Materials matter – When you’re at the store, and you spot the mannequin flaunting a lovely gown, all you have to do is walk up and see how the fabric feels against your fingers. Unfortunately, that’s not an option when you’re shopping online, so it’s important you know the ‘feel and fall’ of different materials. If you’ve got your basics strong in fabrics, it’s also really handy to know what kind of cuts work for you.
- Check out reviews – Online shopping gets a plus one here! Reading feedback about a product prior to purchase is incredibly helpful. A pair of pants might look very pretty in a picture, but in reality, the quality could be disappointing. In a case like this, you can be certain to find a frustrated customer venting his thoughts to save other possible victims.
- Read the return policy – Most online stores have a refund or return policy. However, the terms and conditions can be tricky sometimes. It could be a tight return deadline, a small charge for delivery, or restocking fees. Make sure you have fully understood the policies before you make your purchase.
- Give it time – Don’t fall prey to impulse online shopping. If it is something that you don’t specifically want, leave it in the cart for a few days. If you still feel like buying it after a week, by all means, go right ahead. There is also another advantage to this. The e-store might actually give you a discount to encourage you to make the purchase.
- Flash sales – Watch out for flash sales. They are the best time to buy as you can get some excellent deals during this time. In addition to that, you also don’t have to wait in a queue.